The New X10S Express running FrSky ACCESS protocol and Ethos!
The Horus X10/S Express uses the ACCESS communication protocol. The number of channels has been increased to 24 (fully proportional on all), the baud rate is faster and the latency has been lowered. FrOS and OpenTx have been rewritten to accommodate the new ACCESS protocol and updated hardware. A new RF board has been introduced that is capable of running ACCESS and the D16 Protocols. Another new feature is the spectrum analyzer that allows a pilot to check the 2.4Ghz band for noise before flying. This is just a brief summary of ACCESS, to learn more click here.
Frsky has incorporated a highly sought after change in the X10S Express; a battery compartment door! No more worrying about running out of juice before the flying day is over.
A new bluetooth module has been added that supports the PARA wireless trainer function and will enable further new functions in the near future.
The X10S Express sports FrSky's new flagship gimbal the MC12P. Entirely CNC'd from aluminum and riding on 10 ball bearings, this new gimbal not only feels super smooth, but flies super smooth. How, you ask? The additional precision comes from the Hall Effect encoder system now being digital instead of analog. This means the gimbals are more sensitive, have a higher resolution which results in greater precision. The new all metal housing, the 10 ball bearings and the digital encoders, all culminate into a gimbal / flying experience that's just a little better, than it ever has been.
Q. What is an X10?
A. FrSky combined the best features of the X9D and the X12 into a new radio.
Start off with the great looks of the radio, now add the best color screen in the business, Hall Effect gimbals, great ergonomics and basically everything else people have been asking for on previous FrSky radios, and you have a home run.
The first two things that immediately struck me about the X10, was how comfortable it was to hold. The gimbals are velvety smooth and the switches and pots feel very nice to the touch. The neck strap mount is a new design; sturdy but not intrusive and hangs the radio at the correct angle.
The X10 comes programmed with FrSky's easy to use, menu driven operating system, Ethos, we can install OpenTX firmware if you prefer. The X10 has a 480 x 272 TFT daylight readable color screen. The large color screen and encoder wheel make navigation and programming quicker and easier than on an X9D, and not by a small margin either.
- High-speed module digital interface with installed ACCESS protocol
- Supports spectrum analyzer function
- New PARA wireless training system
- High-speed training system with a lower latency
- Compatible with FrSky Free Link App and AirLink S via mobile devices
- Dual internal antennas and a single detachable external antenna work in unison to create a robust link
- Antenna detection and SWR warning
- Supports 2S Li-battery balancing charge with Mini USB interface
- Easily accessible battery compartment
- MC12P all CNC digital higher accuracy ten bearings hall sensor gimbals and extendable stick ends
- 24 channels
- High Resolution TFT, Transflective Screen, visible in direct sunlight
- Audible Speech Alerts (values, alarms, settings, etc.)
- Safety power switch (no accidental power downs)
- 6 position encoder
- FrSky Ethos OS (Option to install OpenTX)
- Protected Internal Antennas
- JR Style Module Bay (to expand you RF options)
- Full Telemetry · RSSI indication and alarms
- USB and SD card slot for system expansion
- Data Logging
- Trainer Port
- Dimension: 213*225*112mm (L*W*H)
- Weight (X10S Express): 950g (without battery)
- Operating systems available: Ethos / OpenTX / Er9X / FrOS
- Internal RF module: ISRM-S-X10
- Number of Channels: 24 channels
- Operating Voltage Range: 6.5 ~ 8.4V (2S Li-battery)
- Operating Temperature: -10℃- 60 ℃ (14℉ -140℉ )
- Operating Current: 240mA@7.4V (typ)
- Charging Current: ≤1A ±200mA
- USB Adaptor Voltage: 5.0+0.2V
- USB Adaptor Current: >2.0A
- Backlit LCD resolution: 480*272
- Compatibility: ACCST (D16) and ACCESS (Archer) receivers
- 7.2v, 2S, 2600mah, Li-Ion.