This latest iteration of the FrSky Taranis ACCESS Special Edition has the same look and feel as the original, but with some cool new features!
This is the FrSky Taranis ACCESS Special Edition, updated for 2019. A few highlights are:
- A new roller navigation instead of buttons
- A momentary push button at the top of the radio
- An on/off button that must be held to turn on or off instead of the normal slider type on/off switch (no more accidental shut downs)
- ACCESS as well as ACCST D16 protocols
- A built in lithium chemistry charger. Simply plug the radio into your USB power source using the included USB cable!
- 24 Channels!
- Spectrum Analyzer
- SWR indicator warning. Know if your antenna is defective
- M9 hall sensor gimbal and upgraded switches
- PARA wireless trainer function
The new Taranis X9D+ is like a great remake of the classic. They just keep getting better. This is the third revision of the Taranis, they have kept all of the great things about the Taranis and cleaned up and refined the not so great bits. This is a radio that is ready to impress.
If you are new to the Taranis, let me tell you a bit about it. It features OpenTX firmware, this is the most powerful radio programming ever produced. If you can imagine it, chances are VERY good that this radio can do it. Things that would be impossible with other radios can be done with the Taranis. If you are coming from a menu driven radio like a (JR, Futaba, Spektrum) you will find this very different, but with a little time you should find it very easy to program and much better for complex operations like gliders or scale applications.
When it comes to the RF link quality, again this is the class leader. Great range and rock solid performance are the norm. With full telemetry feedback built right in you will never be guessing about the range of the radio system as the radio will talk to you (when optional SD card with voices is added (free to download)) to warn you of issues. This happens before a single packet of data is lost! This saves a lot of headaches and losses! Should you need even longer range, a 900 mhz module is available and simply plugs into the back of the radio. With ACCESS protocol you can run a true dual frequency (2.4 and 900) to have even great link security.
If you have a commercial application, FrSky is the most popular choice due to the added security of the ACCESS protocol, unmatched RF diversity, and telemetry features. Unlike other brands, we do not charge extra for these advanced features.
With a wide range of receivers for every application from the tiny to the huge, FrSky has you covered.
In the box, you'll get:
- Taranis ACCESS SE transmitter
- Neck strap and balance bar
- Stick protectors
- USB cable
- Basic manual
- Travel Case to protect your pretty new radio
- Battery included in Night Blue and Carbon radios, not Ash White
- Dimension: 200*194*110mm (L*W*H)
- Weight: 700g (without battery)
- Operating system: OpenTX
- Number of channels: 24 channels
- Internal RF module: ISRM-S-X9
- Operating voltage range: 6.5 – 8.4V
- Operating current: 130mA@8.2V (Typ)
- Operating Temperature: -10℃ ~ 60℃ (14℉ ~ 140℉ )
- Backlit LCD resolution: 212*64
- Smart Port, Micro SD card slot and DSC Port
- Mini USB interface: supports 2S Li-battery balancing charge
- Model memories: 60 models (expandable by Micro SD card)
- Compatibility: ACCST D16 and ACCESS receivers
The Taranis ACCESS 2019 SE does not support D8 or V8 protocols.
There is no SD card included.
NOTE: Built in lithium chemistry charger will ONLY charge lithium chemistry batteries, do not use the older Taranis NiMH battery. Charge circuit will only charge a 2S lithium battery.
Access 2019 SE TX
It is nice improvement over my Taranis. The roller makes programming more efficient. I have programmed one RES and am getting ready to fly it with the 2019 SE. I also appreciate the ease in dealing with firmware upgrades
Absolutely a delight service is incredible function incredible I would absolutely recommend Aloft Hobbies
I ordered my transmitter with an upgraded antenna. The modifications were done and I received it quickly.
Great! Got package sooner and the remote is everything I want and more great condition with a battery included so nice! Well pleased
Upgrade from Qx7
I bought this to be able to run the new V2 firmware receivers and as an upgrade to my 3 year old Qx7. So far like it really well. Unfortunately I am not smart enough to transfer my models from my old radio to the new one so had to enter them from scratch. I really like the quality and new features (additional switches, battery charging plug, programming controls etc). As usual alofts customer service is the best out there and that is to me the most important feature!