Affordable and powerful. Great starter or great trainer/sim radio thanks to the low price.
****This radio uses FrSky's new ACCESS protocol. Receivers using the old ACCST protocol will not work with this transmitter without updating the firmware. For more information watch the ALOFT TECH TALK video below.****
The FrSky Taranis X9 Lite is a remarkable fusion of traditional radio design with the innovations of the latest innovations from FrSky. Great for folks that are new to the hobby, now we have a really affordable starter radio that has all of the same great features of the bigger FrSky radios, but at a very good introductory price!
I'll admit that we were not that excited about this radio at first, but after pulling it out of the box for inspection we began to be won over with this radio. It fits the hands great. (If you have smaller hands you will love this radio.) And it is easy to use, it just feels nice.
The X9 Lite inherits its classic form factor from the FrSky Taranis X9D series remote control but shrunk down just a bit smaller, completely preserving the comfort of the classic grip design, it also adds a navigation scrolling button which is far more convenient that the old button press navigation method.
For beginners, the wired training function is retained, allowing beginners to improve their skills with the security of an instructor's input.
Thanks to the low price, the X9 Lite is also a great radio for folks that would like a dedicated system for their RC simulator. But don't let the low price fool you, this is a powerhouse of a radio that will put much more expensive radios to shame.
The gimbals use the M3 threads so that you can choose to upgrade the ends with other colors and styles!
Like the Taranis X-Lite Pro, the new Taranis X9 Lite also uses the latest ACCESS communication protocol, along with FrskyTX / OpenTX open source operating system, it boasts 24 channels with a faster baud rate and lower latency with a high-speed module digital interface. Additional ACCESS features like wireless firmware updates and wireless configurations will be gradually unlocked, providing a more reliable, more secure link between the remote and model. Making the X9 Lite a fully functioning remote control with tons of extra features.
Let's get ACCESS.
ACCESS is FrSky's next generation transmission protocol that tremendously increases the capability of their transmitters. How, you ask? The following is a highlight list of the new capabilities of ACCESS.
- The number of channels has been increased from 16 to 24.
- Latency has been decreased. Lower latency decreases the time that it takes for a channel command to leave the transmitter and produce a result at the aircraft.
- Binding, firmware updating and configuration of receivers can now be done wirelessly.
- The introduction of Smart Match; once a receiver is registered to a transmitter, that receiver can be wirelessly bound to the transmitter without having to push the bind button on the receiver. Both the transmitter and the receiver cross verify each other during the bind process, providing a greater level of security between the transmitter and receiver.
- Channel remapping; individual receiver pins can be assigned to any channel using the new "receiver options" page in the transmitter. This function helps to make setting up an aircraft easier and more goof proof than ever before.
- Use the onboard spectrum analyzer to check for potentially intrusive or excessively strong radio frequencies (or RF noise) transmitting near your flying area.
- You can also use the Power Meter page to determine the RF output of external devices that transmit on frequencies between 900MHz and 2.4GHz.
We have just touched upon the capabilities and abilities of the new ACCESS protocol if you would like to know more about ACCESS click here.
- Ergonomic and compact design
- Installed with ACCESS protocol
- Supports spectrum analyzer function
- High-speed module digital interface
- G7 Noble potentiometer gimbal
- Supports wired training function
- Haptic vibration alerts and voice speech outputs
- Easily accessible battery compartment (*Batteries not included. Use 18650 "BUTTON TOP" Li-ion batteries)
- Dimension: 184x170x101mm
- Weight: 505g (without battery)
- Operating system: ErskyTX / OpenTX
- Number of channels: 24 channels
- Internal RF module: ISRM-N
- Operating voltage range: 6.0~8.4V
- Operating current: 190mA@7.4V
- Operating Temperature: -20℃ ~ 60℃ (-4℉ ~ 140℉)
- Backlit LCD resolution: 128x64
- Model memories: 60 models (expandable by Micro SD card)
- Smart Port, Micro SD card slot, Micro USB Port and DSC Port
- Compatibility: ACCST D16 (with firmware update) and ACCESS receivers