SM Modell Bau GPS-Logger 3
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
A full 10 Hz telemetry GPS with a micro SD memory card, TEK Vario, and an accelerometer!
Version 3 of the GPS Logger has been released; Here's what is new:
- A new higher sensitivity GPS module
- A higher sensitivity barometer that allows for finer vario resolution with less noise.
- The TEK connector has been moved to a horizontal position to allow the module to be installed in very narrow fuselages
While extremely small and light, the GPS-Logger 3 has excellent features and capabilities. With a recording rate of up to 10 Hz and a micro-SD card, recordings of almost any length with high resolution are possible.
Telemetry over a 2.4 GHz system with a return channel is now an integral part of the UniLog 3. In line with our philosophy of supporting as many systems as possible, the UniLog 3 is compatible with, Jeti Duplex, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT, Futaba, JR DMSS, FrSky and Spektrum (using spektrum adapters).
Your choice of telemetry must be specified in the GPS-Logger 3 only once in the settings menu. This is done via the PC program "GPS Converter" (found on the SM modell bau website) or with the UniDisplay Unit (see link below). New GPS-Logger 3's are shipped with HoTT selected.
For an accurate height measurement, even when operating with a TEK nozzle (see link below), a second pressure sensor is installed, so irrespective of the speed correct height data is provided.
The built-in 3-axis accelerometer provides information about the airframes stresses in flight. The acceleration data of all three axis are recorded and displayed at each waypoint and also sent via telemetry.
When operating with Multiplex M-Link , all data on the sensor bus is automatically logged by the GPS-Logger 3 and also written to the memory card> MSB Datalogger.
In addition to its own measured values, the GPS-Logger 3 can also read the complete data of our UniLog 1 + 2 and UniSens-E live via a direct connection cable and write the data onto the memory card.
Via the UniDisplay (see link below) all measured values of the GPS-Logger 3 can be viewed live. Of course, all settings and alarms can also be comfortably programmed via the display.
The presentation and analysis of the data can be viewed in Google Earth. For conversion to the Google Earth format use our free software "SM GPS Converter" (found on the SM Modell Bau website). The resulting data will be compatible with the standard version of Google Earth.
The well-known LogView software also supports the GPS-Logger 3. Log veiw can also convert the GPS data to the Google Earth format. In addition, the values can be displayed in a normal curve form or table form and much more.
For those using Windows (Java), Mac or Linux you can also use GNU DataExplorer for the evaluation of the data.
Whether glider, aerobatic plane, helicopter, HLG or slow flyer, the GPS-Logger 3 can be used due to its low weight and compact size. Of course, the GPS-Logger 3 is not only suitable for model flying. It can also be installed in RC boats, RC cars, etc.
The included instructions for the GPS-Logger 3 are in German; however, you can peruse a translated version of the GPS-Logger 3 instructions here. This document covers most if not all the aspects of configuring and using the GPS-Logger 3. Many thanks to Richard Whitehead for translating them.
- 10 Hz GPS (10 data readings per second)
- Micro SD Memory provides virtually unlimited recording time
- Data stored as text on memory card
- High resolution vario with TEK connection
- Altimeter with two pressure sensors / automatic zeroing after switching on
- Integrated 3-axis accelerometer measures up to + - 16 g's
- Direct creation of the IGC file for the Online Contest (OLC) with integrated engine noise sensor for the ENL measurement
- Full telemetry support for Jeti Duplex, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT, Futaba, JR DMSS, FrSky and Spektrum (via Spectrum Adapter )
- direct connection of the UniLog 1 + 2 and UniSens-E possible for data recording (not during Futaba , JR DMSS and FrSky operation)
- Records all data on the multiplex sensor bus when operating with M-Link
- Connection for receiver signal for remote control of certain functions
- Recording the receiver battery voltage
- Power supplied by receiver battery
- Internal backup battery for a quick start of the GPS
- Programmable "start recording" parameters
- Current status is displayed via three LEDs
- Direct viewing of measured values live with the UniDisplay (not during Futaba , JR DMSS and FrSky operation)
- Set parameters via PC, UniDisplay and in some cases through telemetry
- Quickly transform the data into a 3D rendering using Google Earth and the free " SM GPS Converter " software. The program is available free of charge on this homepage www.sm-modellbau.de in the "download / PC software" section
- Supported by the LogView software. LogView is a very comprehensive, yet easy-to-use evaluation program for the PC that supports a large number of different measuring and charging devices from the model building sector.
- Supported by the GNU DataExplorer Software. The GNU DataExplorer is just as extensive as LogView and, in addition to Windows, is also suitable for Mac and Linux.
- Free firmware updates via memory card possible (the firmware file is available on the Internet under www.sm-modellbau.de in the "download / firmware updates" section
- Due to its compact size and low weight the GPS-Logger 3 can be used in a very wide range of RC aircraft
|GPS Data Rate||1 Hz, 2 Hz, 5 Hz, 10 Hz adjustable|
|Memory Type||micro SD card (2GB card included)|
|Recording time||7 days recording with 2 GB card|
|Power supply||from receiver supply from 3.6 V to a maximum of 8.5 V|
|Power consumption||approx. 60 mA in full operation|
|Connections||Telemetry & Power Supply, PWM Input, COM Port, Micro SD Slot|
|Dimensions||35 x 20 x 11 mm|
|Weight||11g without cable|
|GPS module||Sensitivity up to -165dBm|