More than 3.5 meters of electric fun!
So Beautiful! The build quality is top notch and if you enjoy the seeing the internal structure of an aircraft's wing you will like this plane. It's hard to beat the simplicity and convenience of a self launching thermal plane.
Top Model has a knack for creating designs that stand the test of time. The GRAFAS MAXI is one of those designs, a traditional build with some contemporary twists. The G Maxi is an elegant, high performance electric, thermal sailplane.
Here are some details about the construction. The glass epoxy fuselage is stiff and roomy with a beautiful white gel coat, exterior finish. The 3.52 meter wing sports a MH32 airfoil and a light weight construction, jigging balsa ribs onto a large carbon tube spar with a carbon rod leading edge and expertly finished in Oracover film. The 3 peice wing is equipped with independent flaps and ailerons giving the ability to change wing camber, add snap flaps or provide strong braking when needed. A brushless motor system running on a 3-4s lipo, will provide very good climb rates. On a good thermal day you may only need one battery for the whole afternoon! To peruse the build manual click here. To see a video of it flying click here.
Click the "Additional" tab above this paragraph to see weights and dimensions.
- Fuselage, hollow molded fiberglass, gel coated
- 3 piece wing for an easy transportation and storage
- Carbon tube spar and balsa ribbed, wings
- Expertly covered with Oracover® polyester film
- Full flying elevator with the servo installed in the vertical fin for responsiveness and precision
- Balsa control surfaces and full flying elevator
- CNC routed wood formers and misc fiberglass. parts
- Comprehensive hardware package
- Pre Cut vinyl graphics
- Fully illustrated step by step build manual