IDS Servo Tray for Blue Bird - BMS - A54H, A55H, A56V
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
IDS - A far superior way to mount wing servos (fits Blue Bird servos)
The Integrated Drive System, aka IDS is the cutting edge method for mounting wing servos in high performance aircraft.
The servo trays have an outboard ball bearing that helps to carry the servo shaft loads and greatly reduces servo play. The unique servo arm is designed so that it has gobs of clearance, no more grinding your clevis for maximum throw. The servo arm then connects to a strong control rod which connects to your control surface via a more conventional clevis style setup, or the new IDS spoon that gives you massive throws all inside the wing.
The result? Greatly reduced servo slop, easier setup, and no drag as all linkage is inside the wing.
- Install lower servo cross bar.
- Flip the servo over and install a servo arm and bearing, they just pop on.
- Now place the servo into the tray.
- And just slide the servo up into the tray so the bearing seats, then add the 4 mounting screws.
- Insert the servo linkage and lock it into place with the metal pin.
- And we can then add the aluminum tubing. This can be cut to length for your aircraft. On final assembly this will be glued on.
- At the other end you can select what method you would like to use to connect to your flight surface.