SM Modell Bau Unilog 2
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
This small and powerful RC data logger can transmit live telemetry as well as record and store data from a number of available sensors.
The Unilog 2 is a small, powerful RC data logger and telemetry sensor. Voltage, current, altitude, power, speed, temperature and individual cell voltages can be measured in a model airplane, stored and then conveniently evaluated with our UniDisplay + unit in the field or on a PC or laptop.
The UniLog 2 is the successor to the successful data logger UniLog. All of the Unilog functions have been retained and updated using current technology. Many new functions have been implemented into the Unilog 2.
Telemetry over a 2.4 GHz system with a return channel is now an integral feature of the UniLog 2. In line with our philosophy of supporting as many systems as possible, the UniLog 2 is compatible with Jeti Duplex, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT, Futaba, JR DMSS, FrSky and Spektrum (using spektrum adapters).
Your choice of telemetry must be specified in the UniLog 2 only once in the settings menu. This is done via the PC program "UniLog 2 Tool" or with the UniDisplay + Unit. New Unilog 2's are shipped with HoTT GAM selected.
The Unilog 2 contains a high precision barometric sensor that allows it to function as a Vario. Various alarms can be programmed and when triggered communicate back to the pilot through telemetry.
A micro-SD memory card serves as practically unlimited memory with the UniLog 2.
With recording rates up to 20 Hz and a 2GB micro SD card, recordings of almost any length with high resolution are possible. Viewing the data on a PC is also very simple: Remove the memory card from the UniLog 2 and insert it into the supplied card reader and then into a USB port of the PC. The measured values of the UniLog 2 are available as text files on the memory card. The data is then displayed and evaluated using the well-known software LogView or GNU DataExplorer. The Unilog 2 is equipped with an internal real time clock and battery; all measured values are provided with date and time.
Another new feature of the Unilog 2 is the ability to take single cell voltage measurements. A LiPo battery of up to 6s can be connected directly via its balance plug to the UniLog 2, the individual voltages are measured and recorded as well as transmitted by telemetry.
UniDisplay+: All measured values from the UniLog 2 can also be viewed live on the UniDisplay+. The recorded data can also be read from the memory card. Minimum and maximum values can be quickly retrieved from the stored recordings and displayed. All settings and alarms can also be conveniently programmed via the UniDisplay+.
Whether glider, aerobatic plane, helicopter, HLG or slow flyer, the UniLog 2 can be used in almost every area due to its low weight and compact size. Of course, the UniLog 2 is not only suitable for model flying. It can also be installed in RC boats, RC cars, etc.
The included instructions for the UniLog 2 are in German; however, you can peruse a translated version of the Unilog 2 instructions here. This document covers most if not all the aspects of configuring and using the UniLog 2 data logger. Many thanks to Richard Whitehead for translating them.
- Complete measurement of electric drives with current, voltage, power, capacity, speed and temperature measurements (current, speed and temperature sensors are available separately in different versions)
- Micro SD memory card
- Nearly unlimited recording and easy retrieval of the data
- Full telemetry support for Jeti Duplex, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT, Futaba, JR DMSS, FrSky and Spektrum (via spectrum adapter), including a barometric Vario
- Internal real-time clock ( with a 10 year battery)
- All measurements are provided with a timestamp, ie date and time
- Storage rates from 1 measurement per second (1 Hz) to 20 measurements per second (20 Hz)
- All sensors from the original UniLog can still be used
- Balance plug connection for LiPo's allowing individual cell measurements up to 6s
- Altitude measurements with automatic altimeter zeroing after power on
- Current measurements of up to 400A, depending on the connected sensor, voltages up to 60V
- Current and voltage sensors are plug in units, allowing the Unilog 2 to be used as a small and light, stand alone altimeter / vario
- Universal connections for external speed sensor and up to three temperature sensors
- Extended Temperature measurements using the PT1000 sensors
- Connection for speed sensor (Order No. 2560) for measuring airspeed
- Direct connection for the GPS-Logger possible for data recording in a file
- Records all data on the multiplex sensor bus when operating with M-Link